Perfect comfort food for fall! Try this recipe with Zonin Prosecco Today!
- 1 (16 ounce) box pound cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ stick butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/3 cup Prosecco or sparkling wine
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
- ¼ cup sparkling wine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 9x5 loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray and dust lightly with flour.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients for cake. Mix on medium speed until well incorporated, about 3 minutes. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40- 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and top is golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack placed on a sheet pan.
- To make glaze put confectioner’s sugar in a large bowl, slowly beat in the Prosecco until consistency is thick but pourable. Pour the glaze over top and allow to drip down sides. Let sit for 5 minutes to set before slicing and serving.** Recipe courtesy of Sandralee.com